LTA Level 2 Coach
Moses is an LTA Level 2 trained tennis coach. He has been coaching for over 10 years before living here in the Uk. He has gained extensive experien...
Head Coach. Level 4 LTA Coach
Matt is a Level 4 Senior Club Coach and holds an up to date LTA License. At only 29 he offers over 21 years of experience as a player and has been ...
Join the Team!
Matt Cole Tennis Coaching is looking to acquire a coach to join the business as soon as is possible. The team are looking for a dynamic self-motivated coach to join this growing business and help support its continued growth in the future.
Matt Cole Tennis coaching is contracted to provide the coaching services to the ‘Tennis in the Park’ scheme in Bournemouth Dorset – www.tennisinthepark.co.uk The Tennis in the park scheme currently has over 950 households signed up to participate across the four sites in Bournemouth. More detail is listed on this at the bottom of the advert.
The successful coach will be expected to work across the parks involved in the scheme which are Swanmore Gardens (8 Courts), Winton Recreation Ground (6 Courts) Shelley Park (3 Courts) and Red Hill Park (3 Courts) with the latter opening in early June 2015. All the courts are in excellent condition having benefitted from capital investment in recent years. Winton Recreation Ground currently has 4 of the courts floodlit available for the coaching team to use.
Matt Cole Tennis Coaching benefits from 2 very strong school links within the local area and delivers weekly coaching sessions to around 250 children per week. They are also in contact with around 6-7 schools to develop further links and establish regular sessions and opportunities.
Matt Cole Tennis Coaching also benefits from a newly launched website and a strong presence on social media. The web address is mattcoletenniscoaching.co.uk with Facebook being Matt Cole Tennis Coaching and Twitter @mattcoletennis
Matt Cole Tennis Coaching is looking to add coaches to the coaching team to help grow and develop the business.
To be considered applicants must:
- Be willing to work full-time or part-time, on a self-employed basis contracted to the Matt Cole Coaching with a Contract for Services Agreement.
- Hold an LTA licence at Level 3 coach qualification, have the usual liability insurance, hold first aid certification, and have a current DBS certificate. Level 2 qualifications will be considered.
- Have their own car, and be computer literate in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Play at a minimum of club standard of tennis.
- Be flexible in their approach to coaching, able and willing to coach a variety of age groups and standards of player.
- Be comfortable leading groups as this will be the focus of the coaching programme.
- Be willing to cover other coaches for sickness/holiday on occasions.
- Be willing to work across the sites where necessary in partnership with other coaches.
- Be open to creative coaching sessions to trial innovative ideas and techniques.
- Be willing to work in schools and other local education centres.
- Be willing to work with the coaching business and happy to work with the other members of the coaching team.
The successful applicant must adhere to as many of the following person specifications:
- Ambitious in helping to grow the business through a range of coaching activities.
- Enthusiastic and passionate for the game of tennis and its development in the community.
- Well organised with regards to balancing their individual lessons around commitments to the coaching business.
- Be honest and trustworthy as the successful applicant will be left alone to run the site they have been given.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) will include:
- Increasing numbers attending their group coaching sessions.
- Helping to promote Key Fob and Winton Club memberships.
- LTA Measures of success, Key Performance Indicators as appropriate.
- Coaches will be paid a set rate of £15 per hour for group coaching sessions with an additional £2 per person after the first 3 attendants.
- Level 3 coaches will be allowed to charge up to £18 per hour and level 4 coaches up to £25.
- Coaches will pay Matt Cole Tennis Coaching a court fee of £4 per hour for both individual and group coaching sessions which will be paid at the end of each month.
- There are currently no guaranteed group hours, however there is the opportunity to grow your own programme alongside the current coaching programmes being delivered across the other sites.
- There are requests for individual lessons on a frequent basis which would be available for a level 3 coach to pick up.
Applications by letter or e-mail with full CV and names and addresses of 2 referees (not family or personal) to email@example.com
If you have any questions please contact Matt Cole (Head Coach) on 07920406512 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful applicants will be notified and interviewed. Interviews will consist of both on and off court elements.
Summary: Tennis in the Park:
The Tennis In The Park scheme was launched at Shelley Park 4 years ago in partnership with the Lawn Tennis Association and Bournemouth Borough Council. It was created to improve the management of the tennis courts in parks around Bournemouth at an affordable price to the public. The scheme involves purchasing a key fob through the West Hants Club Community Programme who operate the scheme which then allows them to play unlimited tennis per household for £30 per Year. Court booking is managed through an online booking system. After the success of the pilot in 2011 three more park sites were added to this scheme at Winton Recreational Ground, Swanmore Gardens and Redhill Park which had 6 (4 floodlit), 8 and 3 courts respectively.